Day: September 25, 2018
You have been living in a house for too long and you wish to sell it probably because you want to buy a new home, relocate to a different location, or dispose of it for the money. Whatever may be the reason, there are several things to consider before you put your house for sale. For instance, should you sell your home with all the furniture in it or not? This is a trick question and the answer could be a yes or a no. Let us have a look at both sides of the coin.
Why selling a home furnished is a good idea
- If you are moving to a new house or relocating and you wish to set up the new home with new furniture and modern interiors to suit that particular home, then selling your old place furnished is a good idea.
- If you do not wish to burden and stress yourself with packing and shifting of the old furniture to the new place, then it is definitely worth selling a furnished home. Moreover, this will cut down on the costs associated with packing and shifting.
- If you are selling a furnished home to a buyer who is looking for the same, then you are in for a profit because the buyer will be ready to pay for the furnishings. Hence, you can quote a resale value on all the furnishings and earn an additional profit.
Why selling a home furnished is not a good idea
- Most buyers buy homes based on the retail land value and they are not bothered much about furnishings. If you are selling to such buyers, then selling a furnished home is considered a loss for you because you will not get much money for the furnishings.
- If you think you will be spending a lot of money on furnishing your new place, then selling your old home in a furnished state is considered a monetary loss.
- Moreover, you will have to ensure that all the furnishings that you provide are in the best condition, or else it will gain no value. For instance, you need to check for pest infestations. Contact Bedbugs Edinburgh to remove and eradicate a bedbug All this will incur a cost to the seller.